
MEMORABLE DAY FOR THE BLISSFUL COUPLE
After some thought decided to delete the previous entry. =)
Some of my frens asked y did tis blissful couple choose to ROM at this pt of time (7 mth) and speculated tat muz b a case of shot gun. Hahahaha! No lah, tis couple not shot gun. Coz the groom, anthony, gg over to the states v soon.. he is in the air force n he gotta go to the states to repair airplanes i tink. And he'll b there for 2 yrs. Hence they gotta ROM 1st b4 auntie allow him to take xueni there wif him.
************************
I had a very tiring day on saturday.
1pm
I've made a hairstyling appt for xueni at 1pm. I was a little late in meeting the blissful couple and received a call frm them tat the groom is choosing his shirt at G2000. I was like, "Wat?? Haven buy yet ah?!!"
Hah i found out some days b4 their ROM tat avid fly them aeroplane n wun b gg. I was alrite wif it coz i'll definitely be there to gif them my blessings no matter there'll b anyone wif me on tat day. But i guess xueni felt bad making me gg alone n thus asked if i'm free to acc her to the salon and aft tat go dwn to the plc straight wif them. And yea of coz i'm free, i specially took off frm wrk a couple wks beforehand to make sure i'll b able to make it.
1.15pm
Met the couple outside Reds and sthg infuriating happened at the salon.
We were in a discussion wif hairstylist A on the style tat wld go wif xueni's outfit.. then midway anthony asked abt the price of styling for men. I knw he was tempted, hence keep prompting him to do it. And he agreed.
Anthony sat some distance away frm us and i assume he wld haf no problems deciding on the style he wants. Hence i juz sat beside xueni and watched stylist A instructing a trainee gal on the kinda curls tat she gotta do for xueni b4 she style her hair later.
While both of them r having their hair washed, i settled the bill for the couple. I didnt knw wat to get for them and giving them ang bao oso unsure wats e right amt to gif, so i decided to sponsor their hairdo.
Initially i was busy snapping some fotos of them. Then aft a while i went over to anthony to check hws his progress. He was talking to hairstylist B.
Apparently, anthony had given e hairstylist the freedom to zi you fa hui. And the results aint his taste. Not quite mine either.
So anthony was telling stylist B tat he didnt quite like tat hairstyle n etc. Stylist B got defensive and i heard her saying, "ur hair is too thick, tats the only hairstyle tat u can go for"
I interupted them and said, "erm u mean u only able to style tis for him? No other options?"
Her face turned black (i guess she felt insulted by my comments) and said, "ya no way. Unless he gets a haircut but he gotta wait for at least an hr coz he didnt make an appt."
Me: We've gt a function to attend later and i'm afraid wun b able to wait for tat long. Erm hw abt styling it like his style *pointing to a trainee standing beside*.
Stylist B: Like i said, his hair is too thick. Unless he cut or else there's no other way. (her face gt even more black and tone getting impatient)
I'm getting pissed. It mayb stylish in her opinion, but i dun tink tis hairstyle suit anthony. I knw such thing is very subjective, but bottomline only if anthony likes it. If he dun, i'm not gg make him feel so uncomfortable the whole day coz of tat hairstyle. I knw i gotta be tat fussy customer somehow tis time.
Anthony didnt wan to create any unpleasant scene n asked her to style back to his original hairstyle. Tat stylist B, wif a black face, ordered tat trainee boy to rewash anthony's hair.
I turned to anthony and mouthed a big "WHY??"
He knw i'm damn annoyed wif tat stylist and said is ok he'll go back and it himself.
Is not ok, alrite. Blood boils.
I walked back to check on xueni and she asked me wat happened over at anthony's side.
Me: Wah lau his hair v jialat. Tat stylist didnt do a good job lor and anthony haf requested to style back to his original's hairstyle! So angry!
I glance over at the trainee gal and almost gt another shock. Tat trainee gal machiam meddling xueni's hair aimlessly wif the hair curling tool.
I smiled at her coz i tink i'm too fierce and perhaps she's v stressed aft seeing my super pissed face. The receptionist who handled the bill for me juz nw, walked past and i signalled her tat i'll like to haf a word wif her outside.
I told her briefly. Seriously, i find it rather absurd. Tis is a reputable salon afterall. So what if anthony's hair is thick. Can only style 1 way mehhhhhh??? I shld ask frens wif thick hair, hw true is tat. Crap lor.
Anyway the receptionist din really knw wat 2 do n gt her manager to speak to me
Manager: Hi, anything tat i can be of help?
Me: Yes definitely. Look, i've brought my frens here to get their hair styled nicely for a function later. Ur stylist haf came up wif sthg tats not quite my fren's taste( hah actually i wanna said sthg like, "ur stylist make my fren look like he gt an uber bad hair day". But i tink tats gonna sound kinda mean so i rephrased) and she claimed tats the only style tat my fren can go for. Nw he is having his hair washed so tat he can go back home and restyle himself coz ur stylist can only do it tat way which my fren dun really like it. I hope u understand my point, we came here not wif the intention of gg back home to restyle our hair. Is there anyway u able to restyle it?
Manager: I believe my stylist and ur fren haf some mis-communication which resulted the end product isnt much to ur fren's liking. My stylist is right tat his hair is v thick. The hairstyle tat she haf done for him is actually v fashionable nw, perhaps ur fren isnt used to it tats y he dun like it. I'll get another stylist to do it all over again.
In e end, stylist A did the styling for anthony. (I really doubt hw many stylists in tat salon lor) Ok it's better than e 1st time, but i still dun tink is v good lah. Then stylist A comment tis hairstyle make anthony look like david tao.. then xueni said more like sleepy head..
Hmm but i tink is all bcoz of anthony's sloppish attire lah. He is in a t-shirt and shorts. So i assured him he is gg to look v handsome when he wears his suit later.
3.30pm
Went over to G2000 to pick up the shirt anthony have chosen and we help him too choose a matching tie.
3.50pm
Reached StarDus clubhse. Hurried wif xueni to get changed and meet her fren who is doing the make up for her while anthony went home to get prepared. Wahhhh the make up took 1.5 hr! I fall zzz on e sofa while waiting, i shld haf brought my sudoku along.
5pm
Is held inside a pub actually. The solemniser(dunno wats e correct term) came n asked the couple which vows they wanted. There's a total of 4 vows, and they chose the shortest one coz they were too nervous. Haha xueni kept asking me some qns b4 the solemniser came, and i juz tell her, "i oso dunno, nv rom b4 wat" Whahaha!
So the ceremony commences fast and ended fast. It was rather sweet lah, though the part when xueni having some problems squeezing the ring into anthony's finger make everyone luff. There's a buffet reception aft tat while the blissful couple gotta take fotos wif many pple.
Gt myself a drink and sat by myself at a table. Some of anthony's frens came n chatted up wif me. There's one who said, "erm i tink u look familiar, have we met b4?"
I was like ermmmmm... "I dun tink so. I'm gg to look for xueni 2 see if she nids my help"
The blissful couple sensed tat i'm bored and decided to intro me to their 2 cameraman. Happens tat 1 of them is the one i mentioned above.
"oh i knw y u look familiar alrdy, some resemblence wif a hk star"
I followed the blissful couple up to the 4 ktv rooms above the pub. 1 room full of xueni's collegues, anthony's buddies, xueni's relatives and lastly anthony's relatives.
Went room to room wif the 2 cameramen to helped them take pictures wif my sis's camera. While we were at the room where xueni's busy taking fotos wif her colleagues, anthony gt me into another room to help him take pictures wif his buddies. I asked the other cameraman to go over but anthony keep insisting me to go over instead. I wonder wat is he up to.
So.. he wanted me to use the big professional camera to take picture for them. It was pretty fun, coz they guys were rather crappy and the songs they were singing when i went in, were rather entertaining. Poor anthony were teased by them coz of his david tao's hair..
8.15pm
The whole reception ended. Everyone haf left except the 2 cameramen, the blissful couple and me. Waited for xueni to get changed and packed up the stuff.
Abt to leave and saw tat cameraman drove a very nice, sleek black car. He asked if i wanted a lift home. I've declined coz i'm v tired n i dun really feel like talking. So can u imagine if i'm in his car, i gotta try to make small talk wif him or juz remained silent and making him feel awkward.
The blissful couple asked me to join them to view fireworks. It was the 1st day then by Italy. Told them tat i'm wrking morning shift nxt day n thus wanna go home earlier to rest. They tried to psycho me into gg by telling me tat e firewrks only take a short while and aft tat gonna sent me home straight. But i felt it wld b better to leave them wif some private moments on such a day. Haha so i went home.
Long huh. Happy now?
Welcome to mY wOrLd. My ThOuGhTs.
My RaMbLiNgS, mY rUbBiSh..
Thanx..
For being there when i needed u..
For listening w/o judging & knowing w/o asking..
For keeping even e tiniest secrets safe..
For making me luff, encouraging me..
For taking me as hu I am..
And for the many ways tat ur frenship has touched my life!
FRENS FOREVER
***************************************
*[[mY tHots]]*
*[[lEt's cHat]]*
*[[ExItS]]*
*[[_____ Heading Towards 2009 _____]]*
>